Sales of Playstation machines are up for the week between July 27 to August 2 after seeing massive plunge the previous week. While sales of Switch, 2DS and 3DS are down, Switch Lite saw another increase in sales for the week. Xbox One S also experienced a slight drop while Xbox One X climbed 8%.
Famitsu has finally corrected the lifetime sales for Xbox One S, the actual figure is reflected on their site and it tandems with the figure we have on the blog. Also, all of the data for sales of hardware and software can be found here via Famitsu. It is thanks to them that we get to see these charts on a weekly basis, so please be sure to pay the awesome guys over at Famitsu a visit here!
In other news, sales of Nintendo Switch hits 61.44 million units worldwide and is expected to surpass 3DS the following year according to a report by Siliconera. On the other hand, due to COVID-19, demand for the machines are not slowing down at all. Therefore, Nintendo is set to increase their production targets to 25 million units this fiscal year. Read Bloomberg.
Sales of Hardware
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
New 2DS LL
New 3DS LL
As for sales of software, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is down for the week. It sold nearly 40% less the week before. While sales of Ghost of Tsushima slowed down yet again, it is approaching the 300,000 copies mark. Which will happen the week between August 3 to August 9.
As for new titles, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON tops the week’s chart, selling a handsome 123,147 copies in its opening week. Not to forget, Fairy Tail at number 7 and 9. Both Switch and PS4 editions of the game sold 15,447 copies as well as 13,236 copies respectively. The title sold a total of 28,683 copies in its first week. The full list is as follows:
Video Game Sales Top 11 – Top 30
11. eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (PS4)
12. Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch)
13. Splatoon 2 (Switch)
14. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
15. Super Mario Party (Switch)
16. Minecraft (Switch)
17. (NEW) Hakuoki Shinkai: Ginsei no Shou (Switch)
18. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch)
19. Fishing Spirits (Switch)
20. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training (Switch)
21. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
22. Ninjala Game Card Package (Switch)
23. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
24. SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris (PS4)
25. Luigi Mansion 3 (Switch)
26. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (Switch)
27. (NEW) Doraemon Story of Seasons (PS4)
28. Dragon Quest XI S Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
29. (NEW) Yoru, Tomosu (Switch)
30. (NEW) Root Film (PS4)
If you find any faults with the list, please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, if you would like to share your thoughts on the week’s chart, you can do so in the comment section below!
Note: The full Top 30, tomorrow. (Completed)
Consider following my blog by clicking on the button below:
Follow Erzat on WordPress.com